- The ruling APC has reportedly lost three serving House of Representatives members from Katsina state to the PDP
- Hamza Dalhatu (Rimi/Charanci/Batagarawa constituency), Salisu Iro (Katsina constituency) and Ahmad Dayyabu (Danmusa/Batsari/Safana constituency) are the defectors
- The lawmakers dumped the APC alongside two prominent businessmen after holding a private meeting with Atiku
Katsina state – Ahead of the 2023 general elections, three House of Representatives members from Katsina state have defected from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The federal lawmakers joined the PDP after holding a private meeting with the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in Sokoto on Sunday, January 29, Premium Times reported.
calabargistblog.com.ng gathers that the three lawmakers are:
- Hamza Dalhatu (Rimi/Charanci/Batagarawa constituency)
- Salisu Iro (Katsina constituency)
- Ahmad Dayyabu (Danmusa/Batsari/Safana constituency)
Why the lawmakers defected from APC to PDP
The lawmakers were reported to have left the APC following the unresolved issues regarding the party’s primary elections.
They all lost their bid to return to the Green Chamber as they were defeated in the primaries.
It was gathered that Dalhat had officially announced his exit from the APC through a letter addressed to his Batagarawa Ward “A” party chairman.
However, the remaining two were yet to announce their defection.
2023 elections: Two businessmen dump APC for PDP
Apart from the lawmakers, two businessmen also dumped the APC for the PDP after the meeting with Atiku.
The businessmen are Bilyaminu Funtua and Kabir Kabir-Bilya, owners of NAK Enterprises.
2023 elections: Prominent House of Reps ex-Speaker dumps APC, defects to PDP
In another report, a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Na’Abba, has returned to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Na’Abba described his former party, the APC, as a disaster and calamity that has taken Nigeria backwards.
calabargistblog.com.ng gathered that a statement by Golu Timothy indicates that the former Speaker’s defection was announced at a meeting of former House of Representatives members in Abuja by former deputy Speaker, Austin Okpara, who presided over the gathering.
Leave a Reply