- The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has lost some of its key chieftains to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara state
- Former aides of the immediate past Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, were among the defectors who were received into the APC at a rally in Ilorin on Saturday, January 28
- Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq’s Special Adviser on Strategy, Alh Saadu Salahu, received the defectors and assured them of fair and equal treatment with old APC members
Ilorin, Kwara state – Scores of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftains in Kwara state have defected to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) ahead of the 2023 general elections.
Leadership reported that the defectors who were received at a rally in Ilorin on Saturday, January 28, were from across the four local government areas that make up Kwara central senatorial district.
Internal crisis erupts in APC as 3 House of Reps members, 2 businessmen defect to PDP in key northern state
calabargistblog.com.ng gathers that among the defectors were former aides of the immediate past Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki and former Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed who led their supporters to the APC.
Some of the defectors include:
- Barrister Shehu Salaudeen Ismail, a former liaison officer to the former Governor Ahmed
- Alh Oladimeji Ayinla, former Ibagun PDP youth leader and former legislative aide to Saraki
- Babatunde Aremu
- Ayuba AbdulGaniyu
- AbdulGafar Adekunle
- Yunus Kayode Ibrahim
- Hammed Ayinla
- Adam Ayinla
- Dauda isiaka Amuyankan
- Sikiru Soliu Amuyankan
- Kamaldeen Bushari
- Toheeb Abdullah
- Musa Ajibola amongst others
Kwara governor’s aide receives defectors
Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq’s Special Adviser on Strategy, Alh Saadu Salahu, received the defectors at the rally.
He assured them of fair and equal treatment with old members of the APC in the area.
Salahu also thanked the defectors for recognising the giant strides of Governor AbdulRazaq across all sectors just as he charged them to join hands with old APC members and work assiduously for the party’s all-around victory during the 2023 general elections.
Revealed: What PDP chieftains under suspension can do to get party’s mercy
2023 elections: Lagos PDP vice chairman defects to APC
In another report, Otunba Amid Adekunle Oduborisha, the vice chairman of the PDP in Lagos state dumped the party for the ruling APC ahead of the 2023 general election.
Oduborisha who was also the leader of the PDP in Lagos East Senatorial District defected to the ruling APC at a rally in the Ikorodu area of the state on Sunday, January 8/
The former PDP chieftain and his AMIKO group were formally received into the APC at the flag-off ceremony of the campaign of Hon. Babajimi Adegoke Benson, a representative of the Ikorodu Federal Constituency seeking re-election.
Leave a Reply