- President Bola Tinubu has forwarded the names of 19 new ministerial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation
- The president earlier sent the names of 28 ministers in his first batch on Thursday, and the second batch made it 47 in total
- Earlier in the day, Femi Gbajabiamila, the chief of staff to the president, came with the list of the second batch of ministerial nominees and submitted it to the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, who later read it at the plenary
FCT, Abuja – President Bola Tinubu has transmitted additional 19 names of ministerial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation.
In addition to the first batch, the nominees made a total of 47 and are all expected to be screened and confirmed by the Red Chamber.
List of former governors in second batch of Tinubu’s ministerial nominees
Last Thursday, July 27, the president forwarded the names of 28 ministerial nominees to the Senate for screening and confirmation.
Gbajabiamila presents Tinubu’s second batch of ministerial nominees to Akpabio
Earlier in the day, during the plenary and screening of the first batch of ministerial nominees, Femi Gbajabiamila, chief of staff to the president and the former speaker of the House of Representatives, visited the Senate and submitted the list to the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio.
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org!
Akpabio subsequently read out the names of the new ministerial nominees on the floor of the house before the lawmakers closed the business of the day.
President Tinubu was constrained by the 1999 constitution as amended to provide members of his ministerial nominees within the first 60 days of resuming the office of the president and nominate at least one minister from each state.
Drama as senator asks President Tinubu’s ministerial nominee to recite 2nd stanza of national anthem
Full list of Tinubu’s second batch ministerial nominees
Below is the full list of the new nominees and their states
- Abdullahi Tijjani Gwarzo – Kano
- HE Simon Lalong – Plateau
- HE Bello Matawwalle – Zamfara
- Tunji Alausa – Lagos
- HE Adegboyega Oyetola – Osun
- Uba Maigari Ahmadu – Taraba
- Lola Ade John – Lagos
- Dr. Ishak Salako – Ogun
- Sen. Heineken Lolokpobri – Bayelsa
- Dr Yusuf Tanko Sununu – Kebbi
- Prof. Tahir Mamman – Adamawa
- Zephaniah Bitrus Jisalo – FCT
- Sen. Ibrahim Geidam – Yobe
- Dr. Bosun Tijjani – Ogun
- Dr Maryam Shetti – Kano
- Shuaibu Abubakar Audu – Kogi
- Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi – Niger
- HE Atiku Bagudu – Kebbi
- Senator Alkali Ahmed Saidu – Gombe
See the list as shared by Dada Olusegun, the special adviser to the president on social media, in a tweet:
Breaking: Gbajabiamila arrives Senate, submits Tinubu’s supplementary ministerial List
Ministerial List: President Tinubu to send second batch to Senate today
calabargistblog.com.ng earlier reported that the Senate will receive the second batch of President Tinubu’s ministerial nominees on Wednesday, August 2.
A very reliable source in the Senate disclosed that the lawmakers planned to complete the screening on Monday before going to recess.
The source revealed that the Senate would complete the screening of the first batch on Wednesday and will immediately move to screen the second batch.